Rant About An Unexpected Delight

As Melodie and I looked through an issue of WWD we both agreed that we really disliked Alexander McQueen's fall 2009 collection. However, the collection has grown on me...and probably too late. I am one that cannot completely comprehend a collection without seeing the garments in motion. I have to see how the fabrics move with one's body in all angles. That's why i continually thank the technology gods for the internet where I can easily have access to videos through the designers' websites and youtube(everything is on youtube haha). I also realized that my dislike for this collection rose from my HATE for houndstooth and the weird drag queen/blow-up doll makeup. It was when i got passed that sea of ugly that I saw this collection for what it really was: true art and a type A example expressionism gone completely right. This was McQueen letting us into that world of his that so few of us can understand.I mean, someone's expressions don't have to be understood by the majority. McQueen also paid homage to 3 of the greatest designers that ever lived. He had tweed suits that Coco Chanel is a legend for creating. The hooded wrapover dress that was a key piece from Monsieur Yves St. Laurent. And he had silouhettes that resembled Dior's "New Look". Also, who, beside McQueen, can present models with trash on their heads? Those Phillip Treacy headpieces so major!! Anyway I will end my rant now and let you look at pics of a few of my favorite looks from that collection.Yopu be the judge.

Photobucket
I still despise houndstooth but you must go and watch the video to see how this fringe looks when Sara walks.It's really amazing to me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment