Tina Kalivas

I really love getting out of school early everday. Gives me more time for power naps, movie viewing, and checking out new designers. Just discovered Tina Kalivas about 30 minutes ago on the blog July Stars. I had to see more so i went to her website and after playing with the colors and lines on her page for 10 minutes(it's really fun and hypnotic hehe) I looked at every piece of clothing displayed. The mixture of fun and geometry really makes her line interesting. It also doesnt hurt that every piece has fantastic finish. Usually I hate how any designer not from Africa uses kente in their clothing but she does it so well. Inspiration is all over the place; from Africa to India then way into outerspace.
Polyrythms(2009)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hex(2007)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Space Is the Place(2006)
Photobucket
-Ikemba

No comments:

Post a Comment